Monday, February 8, 2010

You know you are losing it when...

Ever wondered why you are doing random weird things just like that? When you become so listless that you do something weird, wonder why you are doing it, then simply continue to do it! Oh, you did'nt come up with any answers for the 'why' question, by the way.
Well pals, it happens when life/work/studies/the dreaded D word (deadlines remember?) gets the better of you...it's time you realise you are very very close to the finishline of 'completely lost it'.
Just some random observations, again made at night. Apparently, late night is a very good time to participate in the 'completely lost it' race. I'm sure what I'm going through is not the first-of-its-kind. You sure would have gone through it too, if you have a very eloquent watchman that is!
1. WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR WATCHMAN'S SLEEP SCHEDULE BY HEART:
Not only do I know exactly when it is that he enters deep slumber (12:30 am- 1:00 am), but I also happen to know the time of his cigarette break (around 2:00 am, after Stud-Boy on noisy bike screams at him to open the gate, soundly abuses his mother and drives away) and his prefferred chioce of fags, judging from the smell (horrible bidis and ocassionally Gudang). I can also mimic (perfectly) the way he yawns. Ocassionally, I mimic him right after he yawns. And I'm pretty sure he can hear me since I live on the first floor. And then I think "Oh my God, I did not just do that!! Yeeks!". But nothing beats the feeling that there's someone alive very close at hand on those horrible nights with a deadline ahead. So what if he's asleep? I know those small insignificant quirky facts about him that will make us BFF, if ever I talked to him or even looked at his face. And that thought gives me the dry heaves......
2. MY COMPUTER TALKS TO ME:
The best thing about my laptop is her enduring nature (with some limits). She puts up with me punching on her belly every evening from 5:00 pm to 2:00 am. If she were a he, we would have been in love, cause I can stare his face continuously and never tire. You do know that looking deeply into your partner's eyes/face (within 0.5 feet, eyes/face/lips/forehead is all the same.) sends impulses to your brain that kickstarts lovey-dovey feelings right? But my love affair with my male laptop was prematurely terminated when I discovered her gender. When she started protesting that I'm cutting into her beauty rest that has to start at 2:00 am sharp I realised I'm dealing with a tough old bird here. If I don't toe the line and do exactly as she says, she spews thinly-veiled threats continuously (something sounding like "I.Will.Crash."). And I am her poor, long-suffering henpecked husband. She says to me, "(microsoft)Office work? It can wait until morning. Now switch off the lights its preventing me from sleeping. Remove your fingers from my belly, you know how that irritates me. And for God's sake, stop staring at my face and go to bed already!! What part of my instructions is too difficult for you to understand?"

4 comments:

Sneha said...

hahahahaha!!!

enjoyed it!!

Srividya Chandrasekar said...

thanks yaar! :D. My one critic/reader..I owe u those laughs/smiles!

Unknown said...

Interesting post, Tend to agree with you on this link of thinking...Thomas

Srividya Chandrasekar said...

Hi Thomas...It's a great honour to see u comment here(I've been a shy fan of ur blog for the past 2 years!)..Its a wonderful feeling knowing you've been here and thanks so much for commenting! Thank u thank u thank u! *wide grin* No one is a stranger to 'going crazy' :)